I’ve by no means met an individual who doesn’t love blueberry muffins. That’s why we created these Low Carb Muffins utilizing contemporary blueberries! Matt is a die laborious Otis Spunkmeyer fan, whereas I are inclined to favor the scrumptious Dunkin Donuts blueberry muffin. While our loyalties are divided, we each agree, it’s time to create a keto muffin recipe to as soon as once more take pleasure in our favourite breakfast pastry.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals listing and new recipes each week!
Are Blueberry Muffins Easy to Make?
While regular blueberry muffins have a number of steps akin to getting ready moist and dry elements, our keto blueberry muffins are tremendous easy and prepared in beneath an hour. This recipe is gluten free as a result of we use almond flour. Thankfully meaning the batter cannot be overworked like regular gluten flours. This permits us to skip the separating step and as an alternative of getting dry elements AND moist elements, we solely should soiled one bowl.
Blueberries on Keto?
I’m positive the burning query for many individuals is, “Are blueberries keto? ” Technically blueberries carefully are keto pleasant. These keto blueberry muffins are refined sugar free and solely 4g whole carbs/ 3g internet carbs per muffin. Too many blueberries will not be keto as they’ve the next quantity of sugar and energy than most berries. However this recipe is barely utilizing just a few in every muffin so the carbs are low sufficient that they nonetheless match inside keto macros.
Benefits to Blueberries
Blueberries have tons of well being advantages akin to excessive ranges of antioxidants and potassium. They are additionally wealthy in vitamin C and phytoflavinoids (compounds which shield and defend our our bodies from stress) (1). Blueberries have additionally been identified to assist with decreasing irritation in addition to combating diseases. Their defensive properties towards sickness is due to the excessive ranges of vitamin C they include.
These keto blueberry muffins will not be solely good for a low carb way of life, but additionally for safeguarding your physique from sickness. With that in thoughts, it’s secure to say you possibly can eat a pair keto blueberry muffins a day to maintain the docs away!
How to Make Keto Blueberry Muffins
If you’re able to discover ways to make the right keto blueberry muffins, i’ve bought you lined. We’re going to interrupt down one of the best elements like almond flour, sugar free sweeteners, and extra. As properly as stroll you thru step-by-step in making one of the best refined sugar free keto blueberry muffins.
There are just a few instruments we advocate to make one of the best muffin recipes. Here is what we used for this recipe and what we advocate you might have readily available:
Muffin Tin: A muffin tin or muffin pan as some name it, is crucial to this recipe. Without a top quality muffin pan these wouldn’t bake or take away correctly.
Hand Mixer: While not important, we strongly advocate buying a hand mixer. We use our hand mixer extra typically than a stand mixer, and this one particularly permits for straightforward compact storage of all of the attachments and cords.
The finest treats are made with one of the best elements, and our keto recipes at all times prioritize high quality.
- 1 cup almond flour– Almond flour is likely one of the finest gluten free keto flours available on the market. Since almond flour is fabricated from solely almonds, it has a stunning nutty high quality that a totally different ingredient akin to coconut flour couldn’t convey to the desk. Coconut flour can also be extremely absorbent so you can not sub almond flour for coconut flour on this keto recipe.
- 2 tsp baking powder– Baking powder is totally different than baking soda so it would be best to be sure you’re utilizing the proper leavener for this recipe.
- 1/four cup butter, melted– Butter brings moisture to this muffin recipe so that they keep moist and flavorful for days. If you might be dairy free, coconut oil would work instead of the butter on this recipe. Just know coconut oil doesn’t have a conventional muffin style and will probably be just a little extra coco-nutty in taste than butter.
- 2 tbsp almond milk- You can use any sort of milk substitute akin to coconut, macadamia, cashew, and even flax milk. If you don’t have any milk substitutes you might be welcome to make use of heavy cream however know it’s going to change the macros.
- 2 massive eggs- We discovered 1 to be too few and three massive eggs to be too many. Two was the right in-between!
- 1/four cup erythritol– Erythritol is considered one of our primary sugar free sweeteners of selection. It is keto pleasant and works completely to convey a lightweight sweetness to those low carb/ keto blueberry muffins.
- 20 drops liquid stevia– Stevia is one other pure sugar free sweetener that’s identified for being very concentrated. We love a mixture of erythritol and stevia as a result of we discover them to enrich one another in sweetness, whereas additionally stopping any digestive misery that sugar alcohols can convey.
- 70 grams contemporary blueberries- We at all times go contemporary every time doable with these muffins. While you should use frozen blueberries, we don’t advocate it. Frozen blueberries could have a good quantity of extra water. This water might make the batter too moist and never in a position to bake evenly. If you do select to make use of frozen blueberries make sure that to allow them to defrost and drain any extra liquid earlier than including them to the batter.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract– A bit vanilla extract goes a great distance so don’t depart it out!
- 1/four tsp Pink Himalayan Salt– Believe it or not, salt truly brings out the sweetness in baked items and is advisable in not solely keto baking, however all baking.
Now that you’ve got your elements able to go we will start baking the keto blueberry muffins. Follow together with the following pointers and instructions to have your muffins come out good each time.
- To start, grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cups and preheat your oven to 350 levels F- If you intend on making muffins in a muffin liner, use paper cups as they stick lower than the aluminum ones. If you do use aluminum it would be best to grease these as properly.
- In a big mixing bowl soften the butter within the microwave, make sure that to go in 20-30 second intervals so the butter doesn’t get too scorching and pop within the microwave.
- Now add within the remaining elements, minus the blueberries and mix utilizing a hand mixer or a whisk till uniform in consistency (as seen in video)- Make positive the almond flour has no clumps, and the vanilla extract & baking powder is evenly distributed.
- Once mixed, you possibly can gently fold within the blueberries.
- Evenly divide the batter all through eight muffins in a muffin tin, after which bake for 22-25 minutes. You’ll know the muffins are performed when a toothpick comes out clear.
- Allow to chill for 5-10 minutes previous to dealing with. If you take away them too early they’ll follow the tin and wrappers, or crumble and disintegrate.
- The finest keto blueberry muffins must be saved in a zipper prime bag or air tight container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Enjoy with some butter for a fast seize and go breakfast!
How to Store Low Carb Muffins
Be positive to retailer these within the fridge. They will probably be good for 7-10 days out of the fridge. With just about all keto recipes you need to retailer them within the fridge as a result of their excessive moisture content material in comparison with conventional pastries and baked items. Freezing these is just not one of the best thought as a result of you’ll lose the delicate muffin texture when frozen.
If anybody in your loved ones is a muffin lover otherwise you’re on the lookout for a fantastic seize and go snack/ meal then you need to make these simple keto muffins for meal prep! These low carb muffins will remind you of your favourite blueberry muffins you used to eat pre-keto. So do your self a favor and go make them!
Tips for Making Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Our most well-liked strategy to make these could be in bulk on a Sunday morning. Not solely will you might have a mid-day Sunday snack or submit dinner dessert able to dig into, however you’ll have a seize and go breakfast or snack for your complete week!
Almond Flour vs Coconut Flour
For this recipe we’re going with almond flour because it higher compliments the blueberry taste and ends in a conventional muffin texture. Coconut flour gained’t have the identical impact and isn’t an acceptable substitute for almond flour on this recipe.
Pro Tip: The extra finely floor the almond flour you utilize, the higher outcomes you’ll have with this recipe. Using almond meal, or a extra coarsely floor almond flour means your low carb muffins gained’t be fairly as fluffy.
Use Fresh Blueberries
Nothing compares to a blueberry muffin made with contemporary blueberries which are in season. Blueberry season is from April to October within the United States. If you intend on making these muffins outdoors of these months, it’s in all probability finest to get berries that had been picked and frozen throughout blueberry season. Just make sure that the berries are at room temperature and any extra liquid is eliminated earlier than including to the muffin batter.
Use Almond Milk or Heavy Cream
A little bit of further liquid is named for on this recipe, and we like to make use of unsweetened almond milk or heavy cream. If you don’t have both of these then any type of milk different will work. This could possibly be coconut milk, flax milk, cashew milk or macadamia nut milk. If you’re not sure about your batter try to evaluate it to the thickness we obtain within the recipe video on the prime of this weblog submit.
Dip Muffins in Erythritol
This creates the traditional sugar topping that most individuals count on from a blueberry muffin. Use granular erythritol to attain this impact in a keto pleasant vogue. If you might be new to keto baking then learn up on our submit about keto sweeteners and that are probably the most appropriate for a ketogenic weight loss program.
Pro Tip: Allow the muffins to chill for Three-5 minutes earlier than dipping them within the erythritol topping. This will convey the muffins to the right temperature for the erythritol to stay with out dissolving!
Change Up the Flavor of Your Keto Muffins
You can take two of those to work with a pair tablespoons of butter and have a desk snack that everybody will probably be jealous of. Change up the flavors and have assorted muffins for your complete household. My favorites could be:
- Cinnamon Swirl (warmed up with some butter)- Try including 1-2 tsp of cinnamon to half the batter. Using equal components swirl the plain and cinnamon batters collectively earlier than baking.
- Pecan Pie- Instead of standard butter use browned butter and blend in chopped up pecans
- Lemon Poppy Seed (utilizing lemon juice and zest together with poppy seeds) or you may make those we now have on our meals weblog already!
I’m Muff’in Without Recipes!
Looking for extra scrumptious muffin recipes? All our muffins are gluten free and low in internet carbs. Keto blueberry muffins are at all times successful however attempt our:
- Keto Pecan Muffins– Like a pecan pie these muffins are nutty and spiced. Plus they’re sugar free keto muffins that work completely as a candy deal with or as a breakfast on the go.
- Low Carb Chocolate Muffins– A wealthy chocolate muffin that takes the keto weight loss program to a different stage. Who knew chocolate muffins that style identical to the little bites rising up could possibly be so good!
- Keto Macro Muffins– These are by far one of the best keto muffins in a macro sense. They will not be solely scrumptious, but additionally nutritious! Sugar free keto pleasant muffins that really match completely into keto objectives.
- Pepperoni Pizza Zucchini Muffins– A lovey tackle a savory muffin. This muffin is full of fats and protein to make a satiating meal substitute on the go.
If you’re keen on testing new recipes give these a attempt! We’re positive you’ll love no less than one, if not ALL of those tasty low carb recipes that match completely on a keto weight loss program.
Easy Blueberry Mug Muffin Recipe!
Sometimes you’re simply hankering for a blueberry muffin, however don’t have the endurance or time to whip up a batch of those scrumptious low carb muffins. In that occasion, we’ve bought you lined with our low carb blueberry mug cake recipe! It takes lower than two minutes to make and can completely fulfill your muffin cravings! In case you didn’t know Matthew and I are mug cake aficionados. We make mug truffles on a regular basis and we’ve even included six by no means earlier than seen mug cake recipes in The Fat Bomb Bible!
Recipe might be shortly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Low Carb Blueberry Muffins”
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Moist muffins filled with candy blueberries and baked to perfection.
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings eight muffins
Calories per serving 154kcal
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Resting Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cups (and grease these if not suing parchment paper cups) and preheat your oven to 350 levels F.
In a big mixing bowl soften the butter within the microwave.
Add within the remaining elements, apart from the blueberries and mix utilizing a hand mixer or a whisk till uniform in consistency (as seen in video).
Gently fold in your contemporary blueberries.
Evenly divide the batter all through eight muffins and bake for 22-25 minutes.
Allow to chill for 5-10 minutes previous to dealing with.
Best saved in a zipper prime bag or air tight container within the fridge as much as 5 days. Enjoy with some butter for a fast seize and go breakfast!
Net Carbs: 3g
Serving Size: 1 Blueberry Muffin
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.