Note: Hi, pals! Just a a fast reminder – among the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn a bit money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something additional, and is a pleasant means to assist assist this web site! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
We’re on the eve of Valentine’s Day and I used to be craving one thing candy that I may additionally use as an excuse to bust out my heart-shaped silicon mildew to make use of for heart-shaped pats of buttery unfold. So, I channeled my interior Leslie Knope and determined to make some crimson velvet-inspired vegan keto waffles! I actually love waffles as a result of they’re tremendous simple to make and actually scrumptious…and did I point out that they’re super-easy to make?
Traditionally, crimson velvet cake was made utilizing dutch-process cocoa, which reacted with the acid within the cake from buttermilk, and turned crimson. Sometimes beets had been used for shade as properly, and that is what we’re going to riff off of right here. I additionally actually like utilizing beets as a result of they’re wealthy in antioxidants and have been proven to be heart-protective in research. Yay! Beets additionally work properly, as the flavour is well-masked by chocolate, which we’re additionally utilizing.
Up subsequent in our ingredient lineup is lupin flour. I haven’t used lupin flour an excessive amount of previously as a result of it all the time appeared to expensive to me. But, I’ve began utilizing it much more not too long ago as a result of I simply actually prefer it, and it’s definitely worth the value. Lupins are low in problematic lectins, excessive in protein (together with the elusive amino acid lysine), and really low in carbs. The flour on this recipe is just 1g of internet carbs, however packs 12g of protein. Crazy! Using lupin flour additionally implies that this vegan keto waffle recipe is just not solely gluten-free, but in addition coconut-free, soy-free and customarily nut-free. Good information for these of us with allergic reactions!
Anyway, I actually hope you like this recipe! If you make it, I’d like to see on social media, so be at liberty to tag @meatfreeketo on instagram or twitter (or simply depart a remark!). One of my favourite components of arising with these recipes (other than the consuming, in fact) is seeing what you guys make and the enjoyable twists you placed on the unique.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Red Velvet Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free)
- Real discuss – these aren’t tremendous crimson, however you may treatment this with a further tsp of beet powder or your favourite meals dye!
- If you possibly can’t monitor down cacao butter (or don’t need to), you possibly can substitute it for two tbsp of vegan cream cheese or coconut manna.
- The granulated sweetener I take advantage of is from Lakanto (and you’ll save 20% with the code MEATFREEKETO on their web site), however you need to use any granulated sweetener, or omit it in the event you like issues on the less-sweet aspect! They additionally make my absolute favourite sugar-free syrup of all time. Highly suggest it.
- I are likely to eat this entire factor on one sitting, as a result of it’s about 1/four of my day by day internet carb consumption for the entire thing, however it’s additionally filling sufficient to solely eat half of directly.
- I usually high this with the aforementioned Lakanto sugar-free syrup and a vegan buttery unfold or some coconut cream! I additionally wish to toss on some frozen raspberries, which is what the crimson issues within the image are.
- Unfortunately, you possibly can’t actually use flax right here rather than the psyllium. While it can maintain the dough collectively, it does crumble once you attempt to take it out of the waffle maker. You may make pancakes out of this recipe, utilizing a tbsp of floor flax as a substitute of the psyllium although!
- As talked about above, you may make pancakes out of this recipe in the event you don’t have a waffle maker!
- While I try to offer correct dietary info, completely different manufacturers and sorts of components may have differing nutrient values, so your calculations might range.
Vegan Keto Red Velvet Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free)
These crimson velvet-inspired vegan keto waffles are scrumptious and simple to make. Plus, they’re gluten-free, coconut-free and soy-free!
- 1 small cooked & peeled beet (about 2oz/56g)
- 1.5 tbsp melted cacao butter OR 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener (elective, in the event you like issues on the sweeter aspect)
- 1/four cup (60ml) nondairy milk of alternative
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/four cup (30g) lupin flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp entire psyllium husks (or 1 tsp psyllium husk powder)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your waffle maker, in accordance with the producer’s directions and flippantly grease together with your most well-liked oil.
- In a meals processor, mix the beet, cacao butter, nondairy milk & apple cider vinegar. Process till comparatively easy (the cacao butter might begin to solidify once more a bit, however you mainly simply need the big chunks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the remaining components till completely mixed.
- Add the dry components to the meals course of and pulse till a homogeneous dough kinds.
- Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes, till the psyllium gels up and the dough stiffens.
- Make waffles in accordance with your waffle maker directions. I take advantage of a splash waffle maker (not the mini one) and this recipe makes one large waffle in that, that I break up into items. I additionally often wait till the little mild goes off after which unplug the waffle maker and open it up, to let the waffle settle down for a minute earlier than gently eradicating it from the maker. This permits the psyllium and sweetener to arrange a bit and prevents crumbling!
While this recipe is written to be coconut-free, you possibly can change the lupin flour with coconut flour if want be!